7/31/2012

The Sun, the Mon, the grind, and a ty to PS

Sorry there was a small break in my blogging. Sunday after my session, which was every bit of 13 hours, I decided I would sit and chill in the recliner for a bit. I woke up Monday. Monday went about the same as I played a long session and afterwards when I would normally blog I sat down for a minute and was out. But, no worries I am here now to fill you in on all the great things that happened the last two days.

Sunday I started my day giving a lesson to a promising student. This student is getting better and better and had one of his biggest cashes today. He was able to get 4th in the Evening 109 for 2.5k. Great job Will, keep up the good work and keep improving! I also had a friend of mine, n00dlez4me on Merge, get 2nd in the $11 15k for 2.5k. The $11 15k is one of the biggest fields for an MTT that Americans can play. Great job n00dlez4me, keep up the good work. I am especially proud of noodles because he has been through some rough times since BF. He is a trooper though, he took a few months off and then ran a few cents into over 2k playing micro cash. Lately he has been playing W.O.W. a lot but still gets in there on Sundays and does his things. Keep on grinding guys!

Sunday I cashed in 5 out of 28 MTTs and 4 out of 5 satellites. I made one final table, but it was in a small entry MTT and I finished in fourth. I was able to win two $109 tickets to replace the two I used, which was cool, the $109 tickets are a good way for me to take shots. Overall the day wasn't to bad and I fought through it while keeping my head up and attitude positive. I have been working hard at getting better and I know if I keep working hard, the results will come.

I had my 2nd article published on P5s Sunday. It hasn't received quite as many comments as the first one but I truly hope there are lots of players that enjoy the read. This article was about the reasons behind our actions and tied in with my first article on aggression. I thought they were both good topics and I liked how they were able to flow together, but I think my next topic will be a little different. Keep an eye out for my next article to show in about two weeks.

Monday I cashed in 1 out of 33 MTTs and 1 out of 6 satellites. Both cashes were of the minimum variety but I don't think I can get upset because I gave my all and played my game. Downswings aren't fun or easy to handle but they are part of the game. Variance is real and if we play lots of volume we will go trough upswings and downswings. I personally believe if we treat the upswings as business as usual, and do the same for the downswings, in the end we will have the best shot at maximizing our earnings.

Well, that is a little about what went on the last couple days. Going forward I will be grinding as usual but will be playing a bit cheaper for a few days trying to work my way back out of another small downswing. I have a couple review sessions and lessons set up for this week and plan on getting as much out of it as possible. I know where I want to be with my game, so I will keep putting in the work and make sure I get there.

NEWSFLASH-I read today that Pokerstars bought Full Tilt and we will be getting our Full Tilt funds. There will be a form US players have to fill out and send to the DOJ but we will get our money. Now if AP/UB could do the same, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Great job Pokerstars!

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.






No comments:

Post a Comment