7/13/2012

Lessons, grinding, villageidiot1, and Costa Rica

Today I was lucky enough to start my day giving a lesson and I think it went very well. I really enjoy it when I am giving a lesson and the time flies by as we are discussing the hands, running the equity numbers, and evaluating the villains range in pokerstove. Today I didn't want to stop, my student actually brought the time up or I would have gone on for a few more minutes at least. I really enjoy improving, talking poker, and helping people.

As far as results go, I cashed in 3 out of 17 MTTs and 0 out of 1 satellites. I made one final table and finished in 8th place. All in all it was a pretty good day. I had several deep runs and if I had won a couple more races I might have had a great day. I will say that I had about the same indecision over whether to buy in to a couple MTTs or not today as I did yesterday. Today I didn't do as well with it as yesterday as I gave in and played one. I played the $33 7.5k as it is the cheapest shot for me to get into a decent guarantee. I do know that I won't being playing it everyday.

I think we had a good day in the poker chat. We had several decent spots to discuss and one of the players has been on a tear and we railed him through some of his final tables. Good job "villageidiot1" keep up the good work. Also we discussed ways to help all involved use the chat and get the most out of it. We just stressed a few pointers and possible guidelines we wish most could follow. For example waiting to post a hand until the current discussion is over. Another is making sure when you comment on a hand that you have looked at all the information provided and do your best to come up with your best answer the first time. We are just trying to avoid a lax attitude and half ass answers when commenting on hands. We all know if we buy into the chat and try hard it will help all of us improve. I think a poker chat is a valuable tool but they do require a little work and dedication to keep positive and strategy based. It seems way to easy for chats to turn into chaos if bad beats, bust out hands, and negativity are allowed to run rampant.

Seems as if the WSOP is coming to an end. By now most have been eliminated from the Main and I am sure there are lots of crushed dreams. Hopefully all the players that participated enjoyed their time and will keep a valuable experience with them forever. Best of luck to all the players still in. Good luck AP, keep grinding bro!

I am giving serious thoughts into checking out a possible move to Costa Rica. I can't even begin to tell you how much I would enjoy being able to play on PokerStars again. It is still just in the "a possible thought stage" but I am truly considering it. First step, get a passport.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.



1 comment: