7/10/2012

Grizinding

Monday I cashed in 2 out of 13 MTTs and 0 out of 1 satellites. It was actually a really good day and I felt I played really well. The intense HH review I had last night had me playing a few spots with a more aggressive line and the results were good. I also kept my volume down some today but one reason was simply because I ran deep in almost every MTT I played and chose to not register a few I normally might and keep my focus on the deep runs.

Variance101 poker chat had a few good discussions today.  One spot a guy shoved AT over an open 4 handed with 21bbs and we tried to find alternate lines but his choice was best. With the stacks and dynamics we decided it was a clear shove or fold. I also had a spot come up where I 3b from the button over a HJ+4 limp and a HJ+3 open. I have been building a dynamic with the HJ+3 and with his stack felt like I was forcing him into a shove or fold. After I 3b the HJ+4 folded and the HJ+3 CIB, clicked it back, a min raise. His CIB gave me a great price to see the flop with my 9Ts and the flop came 9Tx. On the flop the HJ+3 shoved into me with AA and I called with two pair and won. Let the berating begin. I understand where he was coming from in his attack on my play but in my defense I had over 90bbs and had reasons for attacking his open. Over the last few days I had a few spots come up against this player and I really felt he was playing back at me in odd spots and thought he would be tooling out against me soon. In a vacuum my play makes less sense but I was comfortable with trying to make a play with the size of my stack and our recent dynamic. I know I have been working on my game a lot and I am not afraid to try and find alternate lines or exploit a dynamic with an opponent.

After my session I was finally able to get back to my new webpage and get it up. I think the page is coming along nicely and I plan on continuing to increase the content. If you would like to check my progress there will be a link at the bottom.

My plans for this week have not changed. My BR is still a little low after a rough week and I plan on continuing to keep my average buy-in down and work my way out of the downswing. So many players chase while in downswings and want one huge score to get them ahead. I personally think a hard work, small buy-in, attitude and approach will show greater success and that is my plan.

I would like to wish GOOD LUCK to Ben "ohscissorme" Marsh and Ron "jecht4" Morandini in the WSOP Main Event. I also have several other friends playing and hope they do well but have been keeping close tabs on Ben and Ron. Good luck guys.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.



No comments:

Post a Comment