7/19/2012

It's a beautiful day in the

Today I cashed in 4 out of 13 MTTs and 2 out of 4 satellites. I made one final table and finished 8th. I also had two other deep runs where I finished 12th in both. I was a winning race or two away from having a great day. Overall I feel really good about my play and I know I am improving. I do not find myself in spots where I am confused or reevaluating often, my lines and plans have been solid and I feel good about that. The chat group has helped prepare me for so many situations with our constant poker talk. The group is full of players with different skill ranges and this really helps get a lot of different questions for each hand posted. In the end we usually decide on one solid line and come to an agreement and the whole process helps everyone.

I have not really began to pull out of my downswing yet although I did just have back to back winning days. The wins were small but its momentum and I am happy about that. It is not easy but I have been getting control of myself concerning buy-in ranges and have toned it down to near optimal. I like playing with 200 buy-ins and adjusting my buy-in parameters to keep as close to 200 buy-ins as possible. In some situations I will try and work with 100 buy-in roll but I think 200 is best. All I know is that if I want to reach my goals, all I have to do is follow strict BRM, put in volume, and keep working on my game. That is exactly what I plan on doing.

Sheets chat on PxF was good tonight. Shane from imawhale.com was in there and talked a lot about his staking offers and Sheets asked him a ton of questions, it was cool. Sheets also went deep in a couple MTs and finished 4th in one. So for anyone looking into staking you might want to check the website out. Also if anyone is looking for a training site I suggest PxF and if you sign up put me down as where you heard about it. When it asks, select other and say cracker9ball for the name of the referral.

I got some great news today. I was asked by P5s to start writing articles. So as long as I can write a decent article you can expect to see my thoughts on MTT strategy. I am so excited and plan on doing the best job I can. This will also help me get a little more exposure for V101. I love talking poker and helping people so this is right up my alley. Please look for my articles and show some support.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.


2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, it is wonderful to know you are doing what you love, and love what you do. You are a blessing to all who know you.
    Love ya,
    Mom & David

    ReplyDelete