7/18/2012

You can do it!

Tuesday I cashed in 1 out of 16 MTTs and 0 out of 2 satellites. My one cash was a final table though, and I finished in 4th place. Overall the day went decent, I feel I played well for the most part and I saved a few problem hands to go over. My recent downswing has been far from fun but I know I can keep grinding away and be exactly where I want soon. Poker is a marathon not a sprint. I think we just have to try our best, keep improving, and get in volume and we will achieve our goals. Just don't expect it overnight.

Poker is an amazing game of skill, full of amazing people. Poker is unlike anything I have ever played as far as giving everyone a shot. When I played pool everyone was so caught up in how good everyone was. It was impossible to get a game without being asked, "What are you rated?" In the pool world a common ranking system is 4-10. 4 being the weakest and 10 being the best. Those ranking were commonly used in weekly tournaments where you have to win the same amount of games as your handicap. For example I was a 10 so I would have to win 10 games before my opponent, lets say they were a 5, had to win 5 games. Between tournaments if you wanted to gamble it generally involved giving up a spot and out running a very tough game. With poker it is so much different, everyone wants to play and no one asks for a handicap. I love that poker is a game everyone can play, and everyone feels they have a chance.

One important thing to try and realize is how well you play. Try and decide whether you are a 4 or a 10? Or are you somewhere in the middle? The greatest strength a player can have is to know how they play. If you know how you play it will be easy to figure out what to work on to improve, along with knowing what levels to play now until you have improved. A large percent of poker players are a little caught up in thinking they are better than they are, don't be one of these players.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.



No comments:

Post a Comment