8/06/2012

187

Today I woke up at 1pm so I would be up and around for the 2pm lesson I had scheduled. Around 1:30 I got a phone call from my mom and was informed of some disturbing news. My sister was shot in the head and murdered by her bf early Sunday morning. There was some kind of argument or scuffle and she was running out of the house and was shot in the neighbors yard. I was told that she went quickly and felt no pain. She will be missed and I will be praying for her children and my mom. I am very sorry to share such awful news.

Obviously I was a bit distraught and upset but decided to take a shower and get on with my day. I jumped in the shower and grieved some and then pulled myself together and got ready. The lesson at 2pm went well and we covered lots of hands and situations. It was good for me to just get to work and talk poker as it was a great outlet to keep my mind busy.

After the lesson I had tables popping up and began my session. I cashed in 4 out of 16 MTTs and had a couple deep runs and one final table. I finished in 3rd place in the $11 rebuy deep-stack one of my favorite tournaments. Happily, I was able to have a positive day and give my BR a much needed, small uptick. Hopefully I can keep up the improvements and post some results this week.

Will, the student I had a lesson with today has been working very hard to improve. We have had a couple small hiccups but for the most part it has been nothing but hard work and determination helping him reach his goals. Will has been a committed student and to show my appreciation I offered to finish reviewing his recent deep run in the Evening $109 where he finished 4th tonight after my session. We started reviewing this HH in a lesson today and after we both said that we wanted to finish it. I was still feeling good and really did want to finish it so I asked he accepted, and then we review for about 2 hours. I try to tell all my students to participate in the chat and be around as often as possible because I like to include someone in my reviews. Often we will be reviewing one of my HHs, my tough hands, or a students HH, but sometimes I will just give some free coaching. Variance101 is truly more than just a poker lesson, there is free coaching in the chat between lessons.

I hope everyone had a decent Sunday, but more importantly I hope everyone has a good week.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Cracker, I am so sorry for your loss. I just don't know what else to say. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iVE BEEN READING YOUR BLOG EVERYDAY FOR ABOUT TO WEEKS NOW. iN A ROUND ABOUT WAY YOU ALMOST SEEM LIKE A FRIEND. I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW IM THINKING ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILT. IM SO SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSSS. YOURS TRULEY JEFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    John Ryal

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry about your loss

    ReplyDelete