7/14/2012

Grind, Costa Rica, doubledave22

Today I cashed in 2 out of 14 MTTs and o out of 1 satellites. I was able to make one final table but came up short in 7th place. Overall it was a decent day and I had my best day of recent as far as buy-in parameters. I kept it cheap today to make up for the couple of shots I took yesterday. I also just wanted to prove to myself I could do it. I am building my roll and I will admit that one of my leaks is wanting it to quickly, so when I see a decent guarantee on a MTT try and figure out a way into it. I mean this is post BF and for $22 and under it is hard to see a guarantee above 3k. Pre BF you could play a $3 10k. you could play a $11 20k everyday. Oh how I miss PokerStars and sites unmentioned due to them owing me money.

I was surprised at getting several comments about going to Costa Rica and they all pretty much said, go. I am truly thinking it over and will be getting a passport soon. I actually have enough flexibility to make it work and a few other things in my life could be lining up around the same time to make it feasible. I have a friend in Costa Rica now and I think I would probably want to use Poker Refugees through Pocketfives and believe Costa Rica would be my destination of choice if handicap accessible wasn't a problem. I actually am getting excited thinking about it just by typing this paragraph. It is crazy that the USA of all places has restrictions on poker, amazing, get it together USA.

Variance101 is going strong and we had a few killer discussions in the chat today. We got multiple points of view but ultimately ended up with one common answer at the end. I truly feel as if we are all improving at poker and at using a chat to our advantage to help us improve.

I am stoked that Dave "doubledave22" D'Alesandro is up among the chip leaders at WSOP. I took lessons with Dave and he was instrumental to my improvements. I also just recently watched his most recent videos on PxF and as always they were great. Get em Dave!

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.


No comments:

Post a Comment