12/09/2012

Hello All

Sorry for not blogging much these last few weeks. I have found myself without as much to say. One of the main reasons for my lack of posting is that I haven't been playing very much. I did play a live MTT series recently and was able to have some mild success, but for the most part I have not been playing much. In May I started back grinding online and that lasted a few months, but when Merge removed the ability to make player to player transfers I found myself deciding to take a step back. I still have a few funds on Lock, but I play on a Mac they do not have a true Mac Client. They are Mac compatible but they are skating around the issue and running Lock through a windows program on a Mac which requires excessive double clicking. It is still playable but a little annoying.

I do plan on making it to a couple more live series in the future. Next week there is a small one in West Siloam Springs, OK called Reindeer Games, and in January I plan on going to the WSOPc stop in Durant, OK. I will be putting a package together for the WSOPc stop so keep an eye out for it. I mostly pimped out my last package on Facebook, but I will make sure to say something in my blog so anyone interested will have the chance to email for the information or to buy a piece.

Variance101 is still going well. I do not have as many students as I would like or could handle, but business is slowly growing and I am getting better at poker and coaching everyday. I had an amazing two hour lesson with one of my most promising friend/students last night. I am so impressed with how far he has come in a few months. Granted he already had a solid base and a good table presence, but after getting him to understand more about the mistakes we can't allow ourselves to make, getting him to think things through and have a plan, and a little help on sizing and value this guy is crushing. Amazingly enough when a player takes poker lessons they are not coached on how to play poker, they are coached on how to make less mistakes and get more value and equity out of their stack and plays.

I would like to wish a Merry Christmas Season to all the poker players out there. Remember, in poker you will get back out of it what you put into it. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Good luck to all the grinders, make sure you are giving your all!

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment