7/29/2012

Ass & T ford

Today I cashed in 2 out of 37 MTTs and 2 out of 7 satellites. To be completely honest it was a rough day but I never gave up and kept fighting. I think I played decent, but not great. I was able to keep my composure and attitude in check, but we are supposed to so I shouldn't be patting myself on the back for it. I had one brief moment when I lost a huge pot with aces and began to cuss and get angry but by the third cuss word I remembered all the reasons why I practice emotional detachment and positive attitude, and then kept grinding. In my opinion a huge percentage of poker players have problems with tilt. So with that in mind, I'm thinking if I can play with emotional detachment and no tilt I should have an edge on the field.

Today was a little rough and in reflection I think I need to review my play and see if anything pops out at me. I know that my leg was bothering me all day but I felt as if I was playing through it. I wonder how much mental strain is involved with dealing with pain? Tomorrow I am giving a lesson before my Sunday session and I think I will get up a little early and do a review of some of todays play and watch a training video. I have been a member of PxF before and always enjoyed it so I went back to them when I started to play online in May. I have enjoyed them very much and will stay with them, but I have found a couple new guys with great videos elsewhere. I recently signed up for P5s training and have been thoroughly impressed with Assassinato and tford219. Tomorrow I will finish watching Assassinato's Merge High Roller Video which has been awesome so far. I imagine there are several other good players doing videos at P5s but so far these two are my favorites.

Lots of deep runs and little results sums up my day. I kept firing away and should have been trying to lower my average buy-in as I kept registering. Today was a little expensive for me and I will be on a reduced entry fee grind for a few days while I recoup some BR. I do have a few tickets that I will be using tomorrow and would enjoy a deep run, but I am not going to count on it. The only thing I can count on is giving 100%. I am hoping I get a good nights sleep, because "It's On" tomorrow.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment