7/20/2012

Improving

Today I got my grind started about 30 minutes earlier than normal and added in more micro stake MTTs. I cashed in 5 out of 25 MTTs and 1 out of 4 satellites. I made 2 final tables and won the $11 deep stack turbo. I also was able to win another $109 ticket, so after a dry spell I win a ticket on back to back days, sweet. I also bubbled two other final tables and had some other deep runs to go along with my decent day.

I am still trying to work on my MTT selection and always looking for ways to improve. Today I played as many as 9 tables at a time but had more smaller buy-in MTTs on my screen. I still probably averaged about 6 tables at a time but I kept registering all the $1-3 deep stack turbos which would occasionally fill up my screen. Although with the turbo structure it gets to a push/fold scenario pretty quick so it doesn't clog the screen for long. I know some people shy away from turbos and prefer more of a standard structure with longer levels. I don't disagree but I will tell you that anyone familiar with a shove chart will have a small edge over the field in turbos. Turbos get to push/fold faster and stay there longer. With that being said I am sure you can understand that anyone good at push/fold should have an edge at turbos. So for what its worth if you find yourself being one of the players that is not fond of turbos, pull out a shove chart and give them another try. You might surprise yourself.

The poker chat is going really well. I got a couple compliments recently where my efforts where noticed and that felt really good. Like I said yesterday, a poker chat can be instrumental to improving if you can get a group of guys giving 100%. Variance101 has a solid group of guys and we are all improving.

I try to give 100% of myself at all times. I make sure I never get the "over it" feeling and punt stacks. With Variance101 I think it's important I lead by example. I make sure I am playing optimal and keeping emotion out of the game. I think that is two of the most important fundamentals to learn. I also think its important that I portray myself as what I am. I think I am a solid player that is still improving. I have learned a lot and have a lot to share, but I never feel as if I know it all. Yesterday during a hand discussion I went to a few of my friends that I look up to and brought all that info back to the chat. TeamVariance101 knows I may not have all the answers, but they know I will try to get the answers and bring them back. This whole experience has been great for me and I really hope my students are happy.

I am hoping for a great weekend. I have lessons scheduled both days before my session and that always gets my day off to a great start. I am about to fix some dinner but after I think I will do a review of all my recent tough hands and prepare myself for the next couple days. Improving is addictive and I love it, by far my drug of choice.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.





No comments:

Post a Comment