7/22/2012

1st Article, Chat, Focus

Today my day started with giving a lesson to a very promising student. The lesson went very well and as it was coming to an end I got news that my first P5s article was up on the website. I got kind of excited and felt proud. Check it out here Article. I followed the articles comments through out the day and enjoyed all the feedback. Overall an awesome experience.

After the lesson I started a session and was able to cash in 5 out of 21 MTTs and 0 out of 2 satellites. I made two final tables finishing up 2nd and 8th. It was another positive day and I feel as if my game is coming along nicely. I know I still have lots of work to do but i am playing pretty well and eagerly take on the challenge of continuing to improve.

The poker chat is going very well. It seems that everyone is getting the hang of explaining why they decided one way or another when a hand is posted. As people first start talking poker a lot in chat or forums the most common mistake is giving a reply without reasons. "I would fold." For example doesn't tell us why we should or why its better than any other option. Also I am seeing a decrease in unnecessary chat. I am all about chatting with my friends, but i think that should be done mostly before and after the session and on breaks. Now obviously we all have slow times and sure do what you like. But I have tried to explain to my students if you have time to chat a bunch, rail someone else's table, or browse the web, you should kill all that excess and add a table instead. There is no better learning tool than experience so we have to get in there and play. I would also like to add that playing with as little distractions as possible is always best.

I am excited for a good day tomorrow. I will be starting my day with a lesson, and then playing a full Sunday session. I have two $109 tickets so I will be taking a couple shot and hopefully might make a deep run. Good luck to all the grinders out there, play well and stay focused.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.




No comments:

Post a Comment