7/12/2012

Don't stop, get it, get it!

Today I cashed in 3 out of 20 MTTs and 2 out of 7 satellites. Two of my MTT cashes were final tables with me finishing 4th and 7th. Both of my satellite cashes were of the minimum variety but I will keep grinding and try and have a $109 ticket by Sunday. Overall the day went well, I followed the plan I had set but did have a moment of indecision where I was trying to talk myself into playing a MTT outside my roll. Luckily the Angel on the left out argued the Devil on the right and I was able to avoid the leak.

After my session I enjoyed an excellent strip steak and watched AGT. The act "Traces" that guest starred was amazing. The whole crew all fluidly flipped around the stage like ninja's, it was cray! After dinner I put another hour of work in on my new website and I believe it is coming along nicely. If you would like to check it out there will be a link at the bottom this post.

Tomorrow I will start my day by giving a lesson and then plan on playing a full session afterwards. Tomorrow I will be following the same plan of low buy-in grinding working my BR back up. I do not want to get caught in the trap of wanting to win to fast and force bad play or bad BRM. Today I was proud of myself because I really wanted to play the $60 mid-week monster but failed to satellite in. I also had urges to play the $33 7.5k but my current plan has me playing $11 and under with one $11r, one $11c, and one $22. I knew if I gave in and bought into either MTT I would be upset with myself for not following my plan. But since I did not give in and I stayed strong I get to think back positively and build confidence going into my next session.

There was a couple good discussions in the poker chat today but I am starting to realize that #TeamVariance101 is getting comfortable with the chat. At first some might chat a little to much or possibly not stop by the chat enough. But I think most find a comfortable amount of time to spend in the chat without distracting from their play and while still picking up on the helpful discussions. Participating in a poker chat while play takes some adjusting. Its important to not play distracted, but grinding along your friends in a chat builds a camaraderie that can breed positivity, comfort, and confidence. Also the hand discussions are so valuable. I really enjoy the poker chat.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/#.



No comments:

Post a Comment