5/06/2012

Variance101 Training

Here is to give an idea of what you could see while starting lessons with me. Granted, each persons lessons will be tailored to the individual so keep that in mind while I tease you with an example.

I had a person come to me that plays a little better than the average player in this area. He/she has a decent understanding of a lot of concepts and does some things right pretty often even if he/she doesn't understand why he/she is doing them right or for what particular reason. He/she is also lacking a little in knowing about effective stack sizes and shove charts and how and when to apply that knowledge, which causes them to lose so much value. I don't think he/she has a plan for the way their hands play out enough and they reevaluate to often, but can still manage to sometimes make decent decisions.

Basically with that I have said that this person is above average in this area but then I just as quickly and simply pointed out four easy things I could help them with. If they were to have a far better understanding of just these four things they might quite easily increase their profits 5%-30%.

For this person I have chosen to have them start with reading about twenty pages of important poker knowledge and highlight anything that they have any slight question about. I will then spend the first of our lessons making sure every piece of that knowledge, including the four points above, is understood fully while using examples and videos and anything needed to help gain an understanding of the material.

I mean truly all I will be doing is sharing knowledge most don't know until you are told and making sure the most important fundamental rules and staples of no-limit hold em are understood. I won't be teaching someone how to play poker as much as I will be helping them understand more about the game, help them understand some of the most common mistakes seen in poker and how not to make them, and help them learn how to understand value and equity which leads to reasoning behind every move and ways to find which is correct.

I'll be waiting to here from y'all, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment