5/15/2012

Monday Grind

I played 7 tournaments today with no cashes but did make a couple buy-ins at 100NL. I was also able to reconnect with several guys from my old poker chat group when my buddy Tarzan4 invited me into his chat and that was a great reunion. It was cool catching up and grinding along my buddies.
Today was a small setback for me after a decent couple days and in a way I think it's helpful. It could be very easy to come off a long break, run good early, and let that fool you into thinking it won't take lots of hard work and effort. A quick reality check is always good to help hone in the focus and  bring attention to how important it is to attack each day with the same amount of positivity, focus, determination, and mental toughness. To do anything at a high level you have to be prepared to put in some work and handle some adversity. I will put in the work and can handle the adversity. One thing that helps me is positivity and I found an awesome post by my friend Doug Lang yesterday that really hit home, make sure and check a previous post for that link.
Tomorrow I will be watching some training videos and doing a hand history review but I will probably play some 100NL too. I have enjoyed the 100NL grind the last few days and might maximize on that some tomorrow. Good luck to all you grinders out their, stay positive and get that money.

Please contact me at variance101@gmail.com for info/appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment