5/12/2012

Talking Poker

When I started trying to take the next step with my poker game in 2010 I would listen to all the Poker Podcasts that were out there while grinding. What I heard in almost every podcast interview when a good player was asked what advice they had to give people wanting to improve, was to talk poker with friends and join a chat group. The first thing I did that felt like I was moving forward was start an online chat group. We began on Aim but after a while we moved to Skype. We would share hands and comment on them while we were all grinding several tables. This was huge because it would not only open our eyes to different ways to play, but it would also shows us other ways to think about situations. Generally speaking each player attacks things differently. So hearing several points of view helps you to range different players later. 
One of the things I want to offer with Variance101 is a live chat group of sorts. Each person that takes lessons with me will gain access to me through email and text, subject to my availability of course. I am usually around and accessible and that will give them someone to talk poker with. I also hope to be able to possibly pair some people up and have some group discussions of sort. My point being is that I know how important talking poker is, and I will help get Team Variance101 on that path. 
I know if I get a few grinders out there interested in taking some steps to cutdown on mistakes, understand some things about the game that are hard to see until your shown, and to start talking poker, we could build us a "Team Variance101" that benefits us all moving forward as we improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment