5/27/2012

Deal with it!


I cashed in 0 out of 5 MTTs today for a dismal Sunday. I got it in good in all five tournaments and was not able to hold. It's just poker and anyone trying to play it for a living will have to deal with these times. Poker is not easy. If it was easy everyone would be good winner at it. I have had a bit of a rough week at the tables and feel I really need to get through this negative little run and feeling of I'm going to probably get unlucky. I mean it's not a strong feeling, its just trying to creep in on my positivity enough to start to bother me. I am trying to verbalize the problem and admit what is happening so I can quickly grad ahold of it and remove it. Variance is real and anyone can run below average for extended periods of time. The trick would be to deal with it better than the others and try to minimize any losses and give yourself the best chances to win.

Hold your head up!

4 comments:

  1. Cracker I couldnt agree more. It's tough when you get it in good that many times and it still goes the other way. However, like you said , thats poker, and you just have to stay positive in knowing that you did get it in good each time. And of course eventually if you keep getting in with the best of it the tides will turn. What is it that Greenstien says... Math is idiotoic. It really is, you can get it in as an 80/20 favorite an still take a hit.

    Keep up the blog I enjoy the read.

    Cub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply I really appreciate it. I like the Greenstein quote too, good luck and take care. I will deff be blogging more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete