5/18/2012

And we be grindn



Kinda moseyed around a bit when I got up and around today. Hung out in the poker chat room and started talking poker and then had a conversation with a friend thinking about going to the WSOP for the first time. At this time I hadn't started playing yet because I was coming off of a couple of less than desirable days and wanted to make sure I was ready and into if I was going to start. After the chat and talking with my friend I was ready to play. I started with just a satellite and took a nasty beat to get 3rd and it gave away 2 seats. Oh well, can't win them all. So I decided I would go ahead and play a session. I played 6 MTTS and a little over 500 hands of 100nl. I was able to cash in one of my MTTS with a 2nd place showing in the $33 3k gtd on Carbon. I had a 5 to 1 chip lead when we were head up and then the villain wins a couple hands and has me at a 200k to 100k disadvantage. I get in a tough hand with 2nd pair and bet fold 40% of my stack after he comes over the top of my flop raise. I had pretty big hand but he was playing to tight for HU and I was sure he had. I chose to try and out play him. I get it in good soon after with KJhh verses his 910dd and we get a 9 on the turn, good game me. It was still a good day and I was glad to overcome my last couple days and get in the positive. I was also happy that I decided to play a few MTTs and was able to get another final table. Variance is real and the only way to get what is yours is to grind out some volume while making good decision with little to no emotion. It takes lots of work but it is possible. Good luck to all you grinders out their, get that money!

Variance101 Poker Training
$100 and hour, 3 hour minimum
No ego, No emotion, Just poker!
Email variance101@gmail.com for info/appointment




No comments:

Post a Comment