5/30/2012

Because I'm a fighter, I'm stronger, fighter!

I woke up today feeling so much better after recovering from yesterday's series of ups and downs. I was very pleased to end the night on a positive note. Today things felt different, my glass was more than half full, it was almost full. Please don't get me wrong though, my glass is generally half full, I am usually very positive and believe you're happier when you are. But when talking about my mindset after a seven day downswing, I was especially happy to have my glass half full today because parts of yesterday I was faltering.

One of the recent struggles I was having was wanting to win money to quickly. Why do we get in such a hurry? A reasonable expectation seemed to be one of the things I accepted the most after yesterday. I was very content to grind a schedule that was inside my current online BR and it's amazing how much just that alone helps. I really felt like being more reasonable with all my expectations leveled me out and gave me more confidence. I was playing and thinking very well today. I was also involved in a handful of amazing hand discussions with a group of regulars today that I am positive we all learned from, it was intense and insightful.

Today I cashed in 2 out of 13 MTTs and managed one final table and a third place finish. I lost A9cc to A8o three handed for 3/4 the chips in play and then soon after got 55 all in pre vs AA. I flopped a 5 but the villain rivered and A, gee gee. I also played 1017 hands of .25NL and was winner until the last 15 hands when I lost KK to 107cc, flop 327ccd turn 9c river Jh, and a flopped set to a river straight with 55 vs JJ the flop was KQ5 turn 10 river 9. Although these last few beats kinda sucked, the fact that I was within my BR and feeling good helped me shrug them off immediately and just keep on going. All we can do is try to make great decisions and keep our emotions out of it.

I would like to throw a special shout out to my friend Shane. Thanks Shane, you skyped me after not talking much since black friday and we have been talking poker non-stop ever since. I am really thinking better than I was a week ago, thank you.

Constant growth and improvement is really important if you want to reach your goals at poker. I am a very hard worker and will do what it takes to keep improving. I believe in myself and know I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Good luck all!





No comments:

Post a Comment