5/20/2012

the saturday grind

Cashed in 5 out of 15 MTTS today while making 2 final tables and getting a 2nd place finish in the $33 3k for the second day in a row. Both days I was a little unlucky not to win. Anyway, I had a great day overall and was happy with the schedule I worked out. I did not play any 100nl today as I was getting back into my online MTT zone that has been very profitable for me. I am starting to get where I am familiar with the software and the structure and that feels good, but I still have a ways to go.

I would like to give a shout out to my buddy Ron M., (ject4) on merge, for his back to back deep runs in the Daily High-roller! He was also the featured player on OPR. Ron managed a 1st and then a 4th in back to back days, way to go bro!

I spent a quite a bit of time today chatting with a friend that was very discouraged. They had pretty much decided that they were unlucky and could not hold any of there 80/20s when getting it in ahead. I fought back all the NO's with several positive YES's but was barely able to get through, if at all. I know that one thing that was happening is they were noticing the beats and never seeing any of the hands they win. Its like they expect to win and never ever expect a hand to lose. I am telling hands lose. I will tell you this, after going through it all then starting my session, I was able to laugh off every beat I took even quicker than normal. Positive mentality and a positive approach to poker can go such a long way. Try and understand variance and don't allow yourself to get upset when you lose. One thing I do is after any beat I just try and handle that beat better than anyone I know. It works for me.
 Good luck to all the grinders out there, and get that money!








No comments:

Post a Comment