5/20/2012

Sunday fun day

Today I went a paltry 0-9 in MTTs and I played a bit out of my BR in a couple. On any normal day no one MTT matters if I am playing with in my roll. Its easy to take a beat and keep going. But, today I enterer the $109 150k gtd and got very unlucky five spots from cashing. I called a players shove on the turn with a pair and the nut flush draw on a board that read 578ssc flop 6s turn. I had As6c and he had KhQd. I was happy when I called and saw his holdings but then was less happy when the Qc hit the river. Honestly I had other options on how to play the hand but when we got the money in I was way ahead. The point I want to make is about my BRM choices on the day. I mean hands win and hands lose it is just part of it, you can't let it bother you. But when you chose to play outside your roll, the cashes seem so more important and that can bring on emotion after taking a beat. When the Qc hit the river, I yelled very loudly F___ you right at the monitor like they could hear me. I instantly started laughing after and knew my emotion got the better of me for a minute, but I will just use this as a learning tool and move on.
Today wasn't the greatest day for me but several of my friends are real deep in the the big MTTs. Two guys from my poker chat are at FT of the $109 150k, a local friend is top 3 in chips of the Superstack 500, and a great player from OK is CL of 109c. I really hope they all get a big score. Good luck guys and get that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment