5/24/2012

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday

The last few days have not been exceptional as far as results go. Let's be honest, the last few days have not been very good at all, but I am bound and determined to keep working hard and achieve my goals. I am pretty sure if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Monday I went 1-7 in MTTs and the one cash barely doubled that tournaments buy-in. Tuesday I was able to cash in 3 out of 15 MTTs and although one of them I bubbled the final table, it still was not very significant. Today I cashed in 2 out of 15 MTTs with neither cash being for much, but really felt I played well. I had a half a dozen pots taken from me on the river for huge stacks, when going in ahead. I will say today I kept my composure extremely well. I never got emotional through all the tough hands and also was never that excited when winning. After taking a break for a while, eating, and watching some television I decided to tackle some 100nl. I played 218 hands and won 84 bbs per 100. It was a nice little session and to be honest I kind of needed it.

Emotional control is one of the most important things to learn for anyone wanting to make analytical decisions in the heat of the moment. I remember an awesome Audio Lecture from hatfield13 on PxF about the left and right side of the brain. It simply said that one side is emotional and one side is analytical. If you are emotional you will make decisions using that side of your brain and if calm and thinking analytically you will use the other side of the brain. The lecture talked of some tricks on how to stay in the analytical side of your brain to help make sounder decisions. Counting to 10 is one of the things he talked about and I think it is a good trick.

One of my friends from the poker chat group has really impressed me since I came back. He is not the same player he was before and is still getting better. He actually had a lesson today with a total beast of a pro player Assassinato, ( contact him here if interested assassinatocoaching@gmail ), and I just know he improved today. I am jealous, are you? Well, what are we going to do about it? I know I have a HH review scheduled for tomorrow and I watched two poker videos today on PxF. We got to work on our game if we want to get better.

Good luck to all the grinders heading out to the WSOP, I hope you get a bracelet. To any that are not able to go, I hope you are able to have a great year and go in 2013. I was there the whole series last year and loved it but lost my ass. Since just getting back to grinding online I am not built up enough to go out, but am keeping an open mind. Now it is time to get back to relaxing so I can hopefully have a profitable day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment