6/30/2012

Practice makes perfect

Today my day started with two lessons and a plan to play a full session after. Midway through my first lesson PxF encountered some problems and had me shaking my head. This made things tricky because I use their replayer to view HHs. The whole ordeal cost me about 30 minutes on my first lesson but I was able to do the second lesson from Universal Replayer which is a handy free program and then after I finished up with the first guy and I think we were all happy. Lessons are very satisfying and I really enjoy starting off my day teaching optimal poker, it really gets me in the zone.

After the lessons I went for some lunch and then came home to start my session. As far as results go I was able to cash in 1 out of 18 MTTs and 1 out of 3 satellites. I did make one final table but went out in 4th place just shy of the top 3. It was a decent day but I think I could have done better. There was a few spots I will be reviewing to make sure my line optimal. I did play some .50nl HU as my last MTT was winding down and beat a guy out of 3 buy-ins pretty quickly. HU can be swing at times but the best player can win often. I think it's smart for MTT players to practice HU because when you get there it's the most important time of the whole MTT and it should be important that you are comfortable. I personally play HU cash and HU sit-n-gos fairly often to stay sharp with my HU game. You know what they say, "Practice makes perfect."

As far as me accomplishing the few little fixes I have been trying to implement I can say that it is going good, bad and then good. All I mean by that is that it's a work in progress and I think I am getting better every day but there is always little slips and tough spots. I am currently working on building a very strong optimal play foundation, finding ways to increase aggression, increasing my focus and decreasing distractions while I play, ranging players, seeing more +EV spots and then taking advantage of them, and trying to make sure I stick to the buy-in parameters I set for myself. Poker is an ever evolving game of skill and to be successful you have to stay hungry and constantly work at getting better. In my opinion I have a solid understanding of the list of things I said I am working on but that doesn't stop me from wanting to keep working to get better and to keep up with the all the changes as poker evolves.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If interested in taking lessons or need any info email me at variance101@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment