6/12/2012

Go GAR Go

I woke up feeling good after getting plenty of sleep and got going pretty quickly to make sure I could get an errand ran before I started my session. The session got off to slow start very similar to the day before with me bricking almost every MTT. Luckily I did follow through with lowering my buy-ins some so all the MTTs were within my price range. I ended up cashing in 2 out of 29 MTTs with one final table in the $11 3.5k deepstack turbo where I finished fourth. I had one other cash and bubbled three MTTs. I got unlucky in a few spots but I am more concerned with a couple spots that I think I need to go over and have a better plan for next time. All in all I think I am playing very well and the current leaks I am encountering are very fixable.

After my session I went over a few hands but needed to get away from the computer a while and give my eyes a rest. I decided to make a strip steak with some Kansas City seasoning and some whole kernel corn. As I enjoyed my steak, and oh yes I did enjoy it, I watched an episode of one of my favorite shows, AMC's The Killing. It was another great episode and I can't wait till the next one. Once the show was over I took my dog for a run around the apartment complex, well she runs I just kinda roll along behind/beside her. Samantha my 80lb labradoodle pulls me in wheelchair like we are in a dogsled race. I have to constantly be like hey, slow down. She is a great dog and a wonderful friend. I added a pic below, she normally would have longer hair but I try and keep her groomed.

After taking it easy for a bit I found myself back on my computer and decided to play some HU. I wound up playing $21 HU turbo sit-n-gos. I beat the same guy 7 out of 9 and ended up about $100 winner which was exactly what I was stuck for the day after such minimal results. It was nice to log on for some casual play and squeeze out a $100 win.

I have been getting a few more responses about lessons and I am excited to get to work with some more players. One of my new students was really eager to join a skype chat group and I was able to facilitate that for him the first day. We have a lesson planned this weekend and three this month. I am very excited to work with this player who has lots of potential and should be able to show immediate resuts. From what I have seen so far, some of his leaks are simple fixes and will make big differences.

SHOUT OUT
My friend Garret gar2garvin is chipped up going into day 2 of Event 23 $3k 6max at WSOP. Good luck Garrett. I also have a few other friends out there and I will be anxiously awaiting any good news.

Good luck to all the online grinders, hopefully the fact that Merge is slashing all their guarantees won't total kill the site and hopefully Lock will keep improving theirs.




No comments:

Post a Comment