6/24/2012

Back to back

Today I cashed in 3 out of 23 MTTs and 0 out of 3 satellites. I was able to use another one of my $109 tickets successfully as I final tabled the Evening 109 10k again. I was only able to get 3rd tonight but back to back final tables in the Evening 109 is a fun accomplishment. I have been profitable but grinding, the uptick the back to back 109 FTs will give me is going to be comforting and allow me to expand my schedule a little bit. There will be no drastic changes though. I will simply take a few of the smaller buy-ins out and add a couple in that are more near the top of my range around 22. But I will definitely keep playing satellites and try to get into the 109s.

Today was truly an incredible day. I woke up earlier than normal due to a lesson scheduled at 1pm. The lesson went well and the I went for food and started my session. As I started my session the poker chat was livening up and I was able to get in a couple good hand discussions with two good friend/students. We then all proceeded to have good nights filled with deep runs and a few final tables. There was good discussion, good rail, and good friends it was great. My friend Will gave us a good sweat by getting 3rd in the $11 3.75k. He played very well and battled through the peaks and valleys of his chip stack. At one point he took a rough beat four handed but was able to claw back and make it to 3rd. It still took a cooler to get him. You did a great job tonight Will (AK47jAcK9oFF). There was also deep runs by Myles (thehoodedace) but one of his biggest sweats ended in a cooler and he came up a little short. All in all it was a really fun day with everyone going deep and gaining valuable experience I hope the deep runs continue tomorrow.

Variance101 is going good and if you are interested in getting some great value on lessons please contact me. Along with the lessons I place you in a chat group with other committed grinders trying to improve and this really helps on the day to day improvement. All you really need is skype which has a built in screen share so no other purchases are needed. My lessons are $50 and hour with a minimum of 3 hours and payment is taken through paypal. You can contact me at variance101@gmail.com if you have any questions or to book lessons.

I have had a few friends run deep at the WSOP. My buddy Garret got like 20th in the 3k 6max and then 5th in a Venetian DS. My buddy AP has had some big chip stacks and a few cashes and I think is on his way to a bracelet soon. I really hope all my friends out there grinding get a deep run and a shot at some jewelry. I am sad that I wasn't able to go this year but I am in a rebuilding mode and have been doing just that, it won't be long until I am back where I need to be. I still have a couple feelers out for possible stakes into the Main Event and I haven't given up hope yet.

This week I have learned more about using a HUD and a few more stats that can be useful. I also worked more on my ranges and it's getting easier and easier to range players in the heat of the moment. I am constantly working with Sheets charts off of PxF and its' also constantly helping my game. The charts include Open Shove, Reshove, Chop, Optimal Push, Optimal Call, and his Optimal Push/Call Calculator. In my opinion Sheets is a poker genius and I really appreciate everything he does for poker. I have uploaded one deep run from each of the last two days and will be reviewing them Monday. I also have a lesson planned for Monday and one for Tuesday and I am so excited to get to work. Teaching poker is so awesome and there is not many things more fulfilling than helping people.

Best of luck to all the online grinders tomorrow lest take advantage of these big fields that Sunday brings.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!





No comments:

Post a Comment