6/19/2012

The last two

Sunday I played a full schedule but a few less MTTs and a few higher buy-ins. I cashed in 2 out of 17 MTTs with no final tables. Overall it was a decent session but it could have definitely been better. In one of the bigger MTTs I played the $109 25k I built up a pretty nice stack fairly early and slowly withered some as we got further along. I was able to cash but got short near the money bubble and was kind of handcuffed as far as play selection. I was able to cash but plan on reviewing the HH later.

After my session I made myself the T-bone I had planned as hard work paying off present. I have really stepped it up recently by reviewing a lot more HHs, working with pokerstove, posting in forums, and preparing for lessons and wanted to treat myself. Once I was done eating I went back to my computer to check on a few friends I new were deep and to watch the WSOP live stream. While I was watching poker a friend started chatting with me about Feltstars a skin on merge. I went to their website and was doing some reading when I noticed something about the software that struck my eye. I opened Carbon and went to pull up a couple tables to see what the "multiple windows" option was. I thought it could just be referring to the option to tile, stack, or cascade but wanted to check. As I went into the cash lobbies most of the tables had no empty seats  but I did find a seat at to 25nl fr tables and a 100nl sh table. My plan was to play less than a round to check the software and go. Unluckily for me I got a big hand cracked and misplayed one other in a very short span of a few hands and lost a buy-in. It was truly no big deal, but after I decided to just watch television and chill.

Today I woke up tired and went back to sleep due to staying up to late watching movies. I was still able to get a decent session in after a late start. I cashed in 2 out of 13 MTTs with one final table and a 5th place finish. Today I struggled a little bit and was unhappy with the way a few hands played out but we won't improve by playing perfect. Overall it was a decent session and I pulled it together well after a couple bad hands. After my session I did three full HH reviews of MTTs that a new student played. All three combined only equaled about 300 hands so its not as much as it sounds. I was able to take plenty of notes and work more with pokerstove while preparing for his lesson and all the work is helping me too. There were several spots that came up that I would play differently and I am excited to fix some of his leaks tomorrow.

I want to wish everyone at WSOP a big GOOD LUCK and I hope my friends have good trips. I would also like to wish all the online grinders good luck and I will see you at the table.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!


4 comments:

  1. So, I was watching Rounders th other night for probably the 10th time, and there was a quote that made me think of you.

    "This isn't a gunfight. It's not about about pride, or ego. It's about money." Matt Damon, as Mike McDermott; Rounders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, great movie, and great quote, thanks for the comment bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, my "0 to ?" bankroll run has begun. I won a freeroll on Carbon Poker yesterday. 18 bucks and a 33.00 tournament ticket.

    I played an .11 + a single .10 rebuy and a .10 add-on tourney --- no good.

    Played .02/.04 NLHE for 1:45 ... 4 bucks to 9.40.

    I want to be the Monster of the Micros! 1 table at a time.

    If you'll remember, last time, I turned 12.87 into over 2,500 ..... and it only took me a year and a half to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, keep me posted

    ReplyDelete