6/08/2012

What's crackalackin

Well, let's get caught up. Wednesday I tried to play on Carbon but they were still having problems so I ended up playing on Lock. I think I ended up cashing in 1 out of 13 for dismal results and I was hit and run after one hand playing HU, what a day. The Carbon update process has been a nightmare, but I do see light at the end of the tunnel. It really runs smooth but will need a few things addressed.

Today Carbon ran very well and they did not have to stop play and refund us like they did the two days prior. I was able to cash in 1 out of 1 satellites and end up with a $109 ticket for Sunday, and I cashed in 5 out of 30 MTTs while making 3 final tables and winning the $5 2k Turbo. My win came late in the session so it was kind of a day saver and I was very happy to have it. It was also the first win I have had since coming back to online in May, my high results have been seconds and thirds up until today.

Overall this week has been eventful with the new Merge software upgrade and getting familiar with Lock. I think the poker chat including me and several of my friends are happy with most of the changes to Merge but we have a list of things we hope get added or fixed. As far as Lock goes I feel about the same. It is nice to have two networks to play on but I think lock will need to do an upgrade soon. Most importantly though, it is just nice to be playing.

I had a few hiccups this week that I am not that happy with and I think the schedule I been playing needs some minor adjusting. I need to make sure I am working hard on my game and maximizing my time at the tables not just getting in volume. My next session I am going to pay real close attention to the MTTs I am signing up for and possibly take a few out. I have been working on my game and was very happy to plug a leak over the weekend when doing a HH review, but that is not enough, I must work harder. I see some guys really crushing and I know I can put in the work it takes to get to the level to crush these games with them.

How about the WSOP? I have a few friends and minor acquaintances making some deep runs. The coverage online has not been the best but I have still been able to sweat in some decent MTT play. I was really hoping Amanda Musumeci aka manderbutt would ship the WSOP 1500 re-entry but she had to settle for 2nd and a 480k payday, congratulations. I have some other friends out there taking a run at them like Daniel Lowery from AR who just won a Venetian deep-stack, congratulations. I also hope AP, Matt Lawrence, Kurt Haiss, and other locals do well out there. I also am pulling for Brandon/chetsteadman, Garret/gar2garvin, Ben/ohscissorme, and the rest of my online friends to crush it out there as well.  Good luck at WSOP 2012, wish I was there with you.

Here is my final table screenshots for the day. You will notice one is just a lobby because I went out in a 3-way hand with 10 left and got 9th place so I just took a pic of lobby. Thank you very much for reading my blog and please have a great weekend and get that money. If you have time, leave a comment, thanks.






2 comments:

  1. John,

    I sent you an E-Mail it's from mylesstep@gmail.com. I'd really appreciate it if you read it and got back to me. Thanks for all you do to help others in the Poker community with your almost daily blogs.

    ReplyDelete