6/04/2012

Su-su-su-sunday

Today started off great with a visit from my mother right before I started my session, it's always great to see mom. I got started a little after 3pm and proceeded to go 0fer on my first ten MTTs or so, I was actually still feeling good though and was stilling carrying on some new habits I started yesterday.  I was looking up as many players as I could and putting their stats in the notes along with giving them an icon based on their stats and volume. Before BF I would look up most players when I was deep and had a nice collection of notes on the three major sites. One thing that is better now is the Merge network isn't very big so building a good database of notes will really help me range players and it shouldn't take long to get familiar with the regulars.

Along with increasing my note collection and putting icon's on players I also did a hand history review after my session yesterday. I reviewed the 3 rebuy that I got 3rd in and found several spots that allowed me to go through pokerstove and do a refresher on my ranges and what percentages the range was against certain hands. It was a great review and I was able to plug a leak. I definitely played better today after that review last night. I also found a new respect for my chips. I had noticed that I was racing for stacks a little to often but felt that the spots were all standard. After the review and some pokerstove work I was able to make a few important lay-downs today and get past the "this is standard" feeling.

Well, this is how I did. I cashed in 4 out of 16 MTTs with a 2nd place in the 10r 10k and I went 0-2 in satellites.  It was a very positive day for me and I am very happy with the results.

SHOUT OUTS
I would like to send a huge shout out to Jamie Wiliby/buffyslayer1 for getting to a 3 way deal in the Sunday Million on Pokerstars for 127k, great job bro. Check Jamie's blog out on the right in my poker blog section.

I would like to send another shout out to Matt/mattbd9er for hitting his biggest cash to date when he shipped the $530 on Carbon for 31k ish, what a beast.

Also good luck to all my friends in las Vegas I really hope you do well.



No comments:

Post a Comment