6/14/2012

Fulfilling

Today I cashed in 5 out of 21 MTTs and won 2 out of 4 satellites. Two of my cashes are somewhat skewed in a way depending on how you look at it. I was playing two MTTs on Lock when the site had trouble and they shut down all the MTTs and refunded the money. I was sitting 4th in chips out of 20 remaining players in the $3r 1.25k and they do a type of chip chop so I made money but would much rather have finished out the MTT. Overall it was a decent day, I am happy with my play and managed a few results. I secured a $109 ticket to use this Sunday in the 125k guaranteed, and won a $60 ticket that I used in the Mid-week Monster. I made a deep run in the Mid-week Monster but lost a race with about 3 tables left, but did manage a cash.

After my session, which ended a little sooner than usual due to two deep runs that persuaded me to register in a few less MTTs, I went to the grocery store to get some things for dinner and the next few days. I was in the mood for a steak and my favorite is a strip steak, but being it was midnight the pickings were a little slim. I went with a bone-in ribeye and it was great. I prefer the strip steaks because they have the most consistent meat texture and I like that. A ribeye can have different textures and colors of meat in different parts and although it's usually pretty good, I prefer the consistency of a strip steak. With that being said though I picked a two pack of bone-in ribeyes that looked great and consistent. Well, that's enough about dinner but I will tell you, I cook a mean steak.

After eating I migrated back towards my computer where I have been spending a lot of time lately. If I am not playing poker I am watching WSOP live streams, reviewing HHs, blogging, reading poker forums, or preparing for upcoming lessons. I am mentally in a great place regarding poker right now and have really enjoyed giving it a huge percentage of my time. I am not sure how may people get to find something in their life they really enjoy but I have. I played pool for many years and gave myself to the sport and never thought I could ever want to do anything like I wanted to play pool. But poker has taken pools place and taken that, "Love for the Game", to even bigger heights. I really enjoy playing and improving daily, but have also always loved teaching. I am just starting to do more poker lessons and I enjoy it very much. Poker can be very challenging, demanding, and time consuming but at the end of it all the adjective I would like to use is, fulfilling.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

Contact me for lessons at variance101@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment