6/06/2012

Patience young grasshoper

So Merge rolls out a big software upgrade yesterday and has the site down for hours. When we are finally able to log in and play sometime mid-day everyone in the chat group is going off about something or another. It was a nightmare, several MTTs where stuck on break and others were lagging horribly. After a few hours they shut the site back down and refunded the money for the tournaments that were messed up. We were laughing at the thought that we were the beta testers. I will say that I appreciate their effort and the fact that they are trying to improve the site, but wow what a nightmare.

I still managed to get a day of play in thanks to Lock poker and Revolution gaming. I cashed in 3 out of 12 MTTs and got to one final table for an 8th place finish in the 3r 2k. My other two cashes were small but I did mange to beat a guy out of 2 buy-in of 20NL HU, and I won a buy-in at 20NL FR. Overall it was still a decent day and the whole merge software upgrade nightmare gave me a chance to get more comfortable with Lock. Lock isn't bad just takes some getting used to. My main problem with them right now is their lack of a Mac client. They are currently running Lock through a windows program that works with Macs for all of us Mac users. I would also hope they work on the need to double click everything, but all in all it's not bad and I enjoy have two sites to play on.

Long live online poker! (imagine Mel Gibson in Braveheart voice)

I would like to add that the few steps I have taken in the last week to work harder and study a little more have helped me plug a leak and has given me added confidence at the tables. Ask yourself, Do I work hard enough? Do I manage my time well? Could I do more? When thinking about improving don't overwhelm yourself, just do it in small easily attainable steps. Try to watch a training video and look over one hand history this week. That would be an easily attainable goal that you could accomplish in about an hour.

Good luck to all you grinders out there, and get that money!





No comments:

Post a Comment