2/09/2011

Wednesday

2:30pm start after and hour lesson with doubledave22, feeling good and excited to play some poker. Updates later.
Cashed in 6 out of 42 MTTs with all small cashes to come out decent loser on the day but overall felt that I played okay. I had a good lesson with doubledave22 and have three more lesson with him scheduled and five scheduled with shanetrain22 across the next few weeks. I will be reviewing several of my HHs with them which should help in fixing several of my leaks and help me to take the next step.
Grinding poker can be done in so many different ways, there are guys that do the least amount of work they can to get by and make a small profit, and there are the guys that active in forums, chats, and take lessons while playing tons of volume while treating poker like a business. I prefer to try the latter. It takes work but I believe the rewards will far out weigh the effort.
On a side note I have to admit to playing to distracted to often recently, this on top of playing several tables at once. I will say that I play with the television off and at a table I have turned into a desk with several limited distractions, but have just simply been playing distracted. As always I like to try and admit my faults so I can begin to confront them and get past them. So I think after my lesson tomorrow I will make myself play less tables through out the day and just stop the trend of doing the same thing over and over even though I know it is suboptimal. I am hoping this will allow me to regain focus and be happier with my play. I do want to say that the level of focus I am missing is small, for example I'll say I am using 90% of my focus for poker and 10% is spread between some small web use and the chat group. I have been limiting my time on the web and my time in chat, but to achieve what I want to achieve I need to play with 100% focus. One way to do that is try some shorter sessions with more focus and retrain myself. I have played so many tables for so ling while multi-tasking I have developed some bad habits. I am sure mastering poker will be a never ending journey but I am excited to take the challenge, GL ME.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a review of the DoubleDave22 lesson. I'm a huge fan of his videos and have thought of booking some lessons with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.premierpokercoaching.com/

    doubledave22 and shanetrain22's coaching site

    ReplyDelete