2/11/2011

Thursday

2:30pm start after another awesome lesson with doubledave22. I played 37 MTTs today with only 2 cashes. I got 18th in the $11r on Stars and took a rough beat on the river deep with aces in the fifty-fifty on FTP. Overall it was still a decent day as far as my play and attitude. The last two days lessons have helped and the increased participation out of the chat group recently is helping as well. Tomorrow we are trying our first group HH discussion and I think it will go fine. I have reviewed HHs with a couple guys but usually one on one, I am excited to try it as a group. I have a lesson everyday next week and then the following week I am sure we will be doing more HH discussions.
The more I play and learn, the greater the appreciation I have for the time I have put in and all the trial and error I do on a daily basis. I am sure there are some things I do by auto-pilot when multi-tabling, but there are so many others that I am constantly working on to figure out the best possible way.
We had soem great discussions in the chat today over ranges to open with when the blinds have a small stack. It was fun talking about the ranges, looking over the shove/call charts, and bouncing thoughts off each other. Talking poker with friends is by far one of the most beneficial tools to improving.
On a side note I have been enjoying Netflix from my PS3 and getting to watch several good movies, I think that is what I will do now. Until tomorrow, same cracker time, same cracker channel. GL ME.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to make it to the Hard Rock for any of the Oklahoma State Championship events? I'm making the drive from Fayetteville next Thursday for the 6-max and next weekend for the $100K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, I might play the 100k next weekend.

    ReplyDelete