2/19/2011

Saturday

3pm start and ready to grind. Today was also the last decent mtt at the Ok. State Championship at the Hard Rock in Tulsa, Ok. It was about a two week series and I did not play any events. I am winner playing up there but right now for me personally, I see more value online. I plan on a playing a full schedule, GL ME, updates later.
Cashed in 10 out of 40 MTTs with a couple deep runs but no great finishes. To be honest with myself I do not think that I played up to the level I am capable of. I made several mistakes and punted a stack or two.
I am improving but I think there is a point where you are questioning several of your old standard plays and trying to make new better standards, or just not play standard at all. During these times being patient with the learning process is important because you do not want to stop trying to do what you think is right in fear of the results.
Sundays are a bit of a challenge for me to figure out the best schedule for myself. Obviously I would like to play the majors and do some but where do you draw the line. And with the METs on FTP now where do you draw the line. The 3 million guarantee on FTP tomorrow allows the player to buy in six times, damn that is a lot of money. I do know that there is not many MTTs anywhere that guarantee 3 million though, so it might just have to get played.
I have actively been saving all my tough hands I come across to a text file. Mostly hands I have a bet sizing question on, a question about the line I took, an equity question, or it could just be a spot I think I need to review. I was actively saving hands like this a month or so ago and picking out a few every Monday for the Fox HH discussion on PxF, but so many of the hands didn't get the proper review. This time I am loading them all up in the PxF replayer and going to go over them in lessons with doubledave and shanetrain. I will also still be going over a few with Fox every week, that chat session is awesome.
Well, it's approaching 3am here and I want to be awake and ready to play by noon tomorrow so I should probably start trying to wind down. I generally wake up, take my dog out, shower and get dressed, then prepare for a lesson if I have one or start grinding. I then grind from usually 1pm till midnight or later and then watch some poker videos and troll the forums before going to the DVR or a movie. I try to treat poker like a job, but it is a job I really enjoy. I am a bit of a workaholic, but it comes from my drive to be great. I have a hunger for improvement. When I started playing pool at 15 years old I got a small taste of improvement after watching a real good player play and I tried to imitate.  For me improvement is like a drug and I love it. I played pool everyday all day long for about ten years always trying to improve. Now that my love is poker I am back to the all day everyday I want to improve attitude and loving every minute of it. Poker is so challenging too, as soon as you start to figure a few things out those few things bring on a few questions each, what an awesome game.
Okay I am going to stop rambling for now, grinding hard tomorrow, GL ME.

Follow my twitter @cracker76 for poker updates when playing online and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment