2/18/2011

Friday

5:45pm start and ready to grind. Just got done eating at a great mexican restaurant here in Tulsa with one of the best online players from this area, and one of the best live players from this area. It was great conversation, food, and just nice to get out of the apartment for a while. Had another great lesson with doubledave today before lunch, we reviewed some of my NSG 2nd place HH, some tough hands I saved from yesterday, and he helped me understand how to find if you have equity in some spots. I truly believe these lessons are helping a ton, I am thinking the game better and making better decisions. Mostly because talking with doubledave and shanetrain more and more is helping my understanding of the game in general, and how to think during a hand. Time to grind, updates later.
Cashed in 7 out of 32 MTTs with a couple deep runs but nothing special. Overall my play is improving and I feel better about my decision making but I still have lots of work to do. I plan on continuing to take lessons for a while and really get my game in shape. I also have been telling a few of my poker chat friend to upload a HH into PxF replayer and set up a time for us to go over it. I want to start doing a little one hour HH review and I know it will help us, but scheduling them when guys all have different start times can be challenging. I think as soon as we do a couple more and the guys doing them start to improve from it, they will be a regular thing.
One cool thing about improving is the more questions you answer, the more that come up. I have been improving immensely and at the same time having to save several hands a day for review later because I get in spots where I have so many questions. Luckily with poker you can get back what you put in it. If I keep working hard, I think I will answer these questions as they arise and keep improving.

I hope you enjoy the blog, leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment