1/30/2011

Sunday Shipaments

1pm start and last day of UBOC and double guarantee on FTP. Let's grind, GL ME, updates later.
Cashed in 10 out of 59 MTTs  including a deep run in the Double Deuce, it had 27,543 players and I got 31st. Oddly enough I had a deep run in the $11 1/4 mill on Stars once and got 31st then as well and that field was a little bigger. I had a couple other deep runs but did not get winner on the day.
I still had a good day as far as attitude and improvement and am glad I keep growing as a poker player. I am having lessons with shanetrain22 early in Feb. and I am ready to work hard and take another step in my game.
 Every time I start multi-tasking instead of focusing on poker I catch myself and think of this chat session hosted by Ajkhoosier on Pxf where he talked about distractions while you're playing and ways to avoid them and focus more. His chat has helped me more than I thought and the things he spoke of has me slowly adapting to a more focused less distracted gear while I play. I had already taken some steps, but am now taking more to lessen distractions.
I have been playing a ton with the contests on P5s earlier this month, then the UBOC and double guarantee week created such value that high volume was important. It was a great month for me, actually my best ever and I want to celebrate by taking some lessons and working even harder. I will probably take a day off or two this week and have been enjoying some quality steaks on the foreman so I am not over doing it, I just have some goals I plan on reaching and am very hungry to do so. GL ME.
Thanks to anyone who reads the blog, I hope you enjoy it as mush as I do.

Leave a comment below please.

2 comments:

  1. man its good to hear that someone i can actually relate to is having some success. I must say i have a lot of distractions in my house where i play online with a wife and 17 month old running around the house. but my new secret is to play after 9pm when my daughter is sleep so i olny have to worry about my wife distracting me(but thats not nearly as bad as a 17 month old). anyways i made it to the 10k garanteed tonight and it is in progress so wish me luck! Ill let you know how i do...

    ReplyDelete