1/26/2011

"Positivity"

 Yes, positivity and negativity are both infectious, contagious life forms with a mind of their own. If you or someone around you or even someone in a chat group is negative, you will notice that others or maybe even yourself will begin to feel more negative. But, if you are positive, or around someone positive the same will happen and you will feel and be more positive. In all actuality its just a simple choice everyone can make to be more positive and keep negativity away.

I know when I was in sales that they taught me to fight off every "NO" with ten "Yes". I treat positivity the same way. When someone around me or in my chat group is negative they are usually immediately riddled with ten more positive thoughts. No one wants to be multi-tabling and feeling good and then see a bad beat HH, or hear about some suck out. In my chat I like to post hands I have a question on and hands that make you feel positive. I completely try to avoid ever posting a bad beat because it makes the beat linger and unleashes some negativity. I will admit that I do occasionally slip up, but have surrounded myself with positive guys that whip me right back in line.

Positivity is key to be a winning poker player, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment