1/30/2011

How I Improved

I am lucky enough to have a good work ethic and a positive attitude, but I would like to tell you about the things that helped me along the way. At first in September 2009 it was my friend kurt4646/mr kurt that helped me with some thoughts on BRM that helped me finish the year a little positive. It was my first time to show positive results for the year on OPR. He also helped me with poker itself by discussing hands. Until March 2010 I had played online poker in spurts, and had moderate winning weeks but due to poor BRM I always ended up broke or cashed out the winnings but was not ahead overall. In March after getting $2500 for 2nd in the All-Around Contest they had during the Oklahoma State Championship of Poker I bought a new macbookpro and deposited some money on AP to begin playing with rakeback. I had never played with rakeback before and thought it could help. When I started playing on AP I was playing .25/.50 plo and got about $500 winner pretty fast. Then I binked the first MTT I played on AP, the $11 5k Sniper for about $1500. I then started trying to play micro MTTs across Stars, FTP and AP. At first AP was funding all three accounts but I was slowly improving thanks to the chat group, PxF videos and PxF chat sessions. I also took a two hour lesson with Chris "Fox" Wallace that was helpful as well. I eventually began winning on Stars as well and my BR kept growing. I got to 10k and then decided after a bit of a downswing I wanted to try some cash games. I played 1/2 NL on AP for about a week getting up a couple thousand and then losing it back slowly. What this truly taught me is to be stronger and finish what I stared and keep improving at MTTs.
When I got to 10k I let my BR chose the level I was playing, from abi 11 to abi 25, and it caused me to move up before I was ready. I lost a few thousand and lowered my stakes some. The next time I got my BR back up to 10k I kept playing the same levels and focused on improvement not letting my BR control me. I eventually got to 20k and started to slowly move up by taking my cheapest few MTTs of the day out, and replacing them with a higher buy in. This worked great and I kept building my roll by playing daily with strong work ethic, BRM, Pxf, TPE, skype chat group and a positive attitude. Over the next few months I kept slowly moving up and maintaing my roll.
2011, it's January and there is two awesome team contests on P5s. I join both and end up on a great team in the mid-stakes and as capt drafted a good team for the low-stakes. The mid started the 1st but the low started over a week later. I was lucky enough to be teamed with Goldenad and Shanetrain22. Right from the start we were all hitting scores and chatting on aim some and they were both very helpful and felt myself improving even more. Then I had the best weekend ever Jan. 21. I got 2nd in UBOC 12 for 11.6k, the next day I won the 26 33k for 9.8k and then Monday I got 2nd in the NHG on Stars for 17.6k. Along with these scores I had several other that helped in the contests and Goldenad, Shanetrain, and dakidoniiiii absolutely pwned and we won the mid-stakes for $3k a man. It was an awesome few days and I was excited to find out P5s wanted to do an article on me and TPE did an awesome five question interview as well. The score on FTP helped me to get winner on FTP for the first time, and I am now winner on all the sites I play. Now feeling that all the hard work is starting to pay off my only goal is to keep working hard, improve daily, stay positive at all times, and keep making money. I am writing this on Saturday Jan. 29th after coming in 4th in the 55 50k on FTP for 5k and really feel if I keep at it that nothing but good things is in store for me. I really hope you enjoy reading the blog and good luck on the tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment