8/08/2012

Today was a good day!

Today I cashed in 6 out of 33 MTTs and 3 out of 7 satellites. I made 5 final tables finishing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, and 6th. I was also able to win a $109 ticket that I will be using this Sunday in the 125k. Overall it was a great day and I was committed to giving 100%. I had a high level of focus today and was able to put in a long session with minimal distractions. 

I'll admit that I have had days where I would watch a few you-tube videos, listen to stand-up comedy,  or watch a show on netflix while grinding.  None of these things are ideal and they should definitely not be part of a regular routine. It is a rarity for me but I do have moments where I stray from optimal and distract myself out of boredom. In my opinion we should play when we can give 100% and not need distractions. If we get to the point where we think we need distractions maybe we should take a day off and get refreshed. 

I am enjoying improving and would like to give some props to Tyson tford219 Ford. Tyson is a mod on P5s and spends a lot of time commenting on all the strategy posts when players ask for help. His dedication to helping poker players should be admired. One thing to note is that not only does he comment on nearly every strategy thread, but he puts his thoughts into words very well and is generally giving some of the best advice possible. Thank you Tyson.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.












No comments:

Post a Comment