8/15/2012

Bye, Bye, Bye

Monday I went to my sister's funeral and it was an absolutely lovely service. She was loved by many and the turnout was awesome. It was a sad day but we celebrated her life and told stories for a couple hours. Rest in peace Jessica.

Monday after driving back to Tulsa I decided to play a short session. The session was full of lots of cheap turbos and I went 0-9 in MTTs and 1-4 in satellites. It wasn't a very profitable session but it did take my mind off a few things for a while. After the short session I relaxed in front of the television and dozed off.

Tuesday I got started at my normal time and put in a full session. I was able to cash in 3 out of 31 MTTs and 1 out of 5 satellites. I made one final table finishing 2nd and was able to win a $109 ticket. I will say I am not very happy with my play for the day as I let myself get to feeling a little bored and watched a couple you-tube videos and then thought about pulling up netflix. Obviously trying to play high level poker and watch anything is going to be tough. I think it's important that we try to play when we know we can focus and if we start to lose that take a day off or a break.

For me I truly think it was just a weak bored moment as I was able to turn all that off and finish my day on a high note with a 2nd place. Also,  when I woke up today I wasn't sure if I was going to try and take a day off or not and as I began to get around I found that I had all the drive needed to get to work with minimal distractions. I really enjoy poker and more than that right now I am trying to achieve some goals. For me it's hard to put my goals on the back burner, I just simply want to achieve them and will attack everyday until I do.

Today I am going to play a few less tables, play a $109 and take a shot, and make sure I do not get bored. I truly hope all the poker players out there are achieving their goals as well and remember, we get back out of it, what we put in.

Below is an interesting spot I encountered. Everything should seem pretty standard until the turn when the villain raises on a card that shouldn't change much unless they had 56. On the river the villain leads for 3/4 of the pot when the Ts hits. This card completes the flush but if he hit the flush would he bet so big? If you would like to leave any comments about this hand please do.

No Limit Hold'em Tournament T150/T300

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (
T15,620)
UTG+1 - Hero (
T16,311)
UTG+2 - UTG+2 (
T14,998)
MP - MP (
T28,071)
MP2 - MP2 (
T4,833)
CO - CO (
T17,303)
BTN - BTN (
T19,830)
SB - SB (
T10,867)
BB - BB (
T17,745)

Preflop: (
T720, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A♠ A♥
1 fold, Hero raises to T600, 6 folds, BB calls T300

Flop:
8♠ 3♠ 7♦ (T1,620, 2 players - BB: T17,115, Hero: T15,681)
BB checks,
Hero bets T960, BB calls T960

Turn:
4♣ (T3,540, 2 players - BB: T16,155, Hero: T14,721)
BB checks,
Hero bets T1,620, BB raises to T3,240, Hero calls T1,620

River:
T♠ (T10,020, 2 players - BB: T12,915, Hero: T11,481)BB bets T7,515, Hero ??????


Good luck to all the grinders tomorrow, get your focus up and your emotion out of the picture.

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.



1 comment:

  1. i think its a fold . he just called until the 4 comes on the turn , which completes a straight.he got to see a flop for half price also .so its resonable to see him call with 56. i feel any pocket over pair 8 hes goin to reraise.i dont think flush because he reraised you instead of just calling. but he did bet when the flush came, meaning he wasnt scared of it. now im just confusing myself .lol. jeff

    ReplyDelete