8/04/2012

The FOG, tickets, and the Will to go on

Thursday I cashed in 5 out of 26 MTTs, 0 out of 5 satellites, and 1 out of 4 MTSNGs. I was able to make on final table and win a 45 man sit-n-go. Overall the day went okay and I feel as if I played well. I had a few spots I would play differently now, but that is why we review and improve. After my session I was kind of out of it and decided to watch television and relax.

Today I cashed in 5 out of 20 MTTs and 2 out of 2 satellites. I was able to make two final tables finishing 4th and 6th. Both of my satellite cashes were min-cashes as I spent $11 and received an $11 ticket back, but often I win or break even so sounds pretty profitable to me.

Today I started in a fog. I wasn't quite myself and felt like a robot going through the motions. Luckily, before to much time passed I realized I was in the wrong mode and adjusted my settings. I grabbed a Mt.Dew and gave myself a pep-talk and went back to grinding. I think its important to keep ourselves focused and make sure we can give maximum effort.

I picked up a new student and am very excited to say we have our first lesson tomorrow. I was just going over his HH and taking some notes and already know his weekend session is going to go well after I am able to fix a couple leaks. Taking coaching is such a smart move, there is so many things someone will notice about your play that you are just not seeing in the moment. After a few things are pointed out and some knew knowledge is gained most player start playing not only better but more confident. And we all know when we feel confident is when we are at our best. Take the step it is so worth it. We are talking about poker for money, so any improvements should mean profit.

Tomorrow aka Saturday, there are two satellites that give away over a hundred $109 tickets. On Merge at 3pm central there is a satellite that gives away 125 $109 tickets. In order to qualify you must have earned 250 VPPs in the week prior. On Revolution at 3pm central there is a satellite giving away 110 $109 tickets and there is no requirements. These are two good chances to get into a big Sunday MTT.

This Sunday I have a lesson with Will, a promising student. Will recently won a $109 ticket in a satellite and then took that and got 4th in the $109 25k on Sunday. Will is improving a lot and I look forward to us taking him a step further Sunday. I also know that he already won a couple more tickets, so maybe he can do it again. Keep up the good work Will!

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.





2 comments: