8/09/2012

The FIRE inside

Today I cashed in 5 out of 30 MTTs and 2 out of 9 satellites. I was able to make four final tables and win two MTTs, the $3 rebuy and the $5 deep-stack turbo. I was also able to secure another $109 ticket so now I have the 125k and the Evening 109 covered for Sunday. I think these are the two best value 109s and I try to use my first two 109 tickets on them every week. I truly felt good all day and felt very confident at the tables. I have been reviewing more and more hands and full hand histories and I truly believe all the hard work is paying off. I feel as if the reasons behind my actions are getting better everyday.

I wish it wasn't so, but I will admit I woke up with a little extra fire after having such a good day yesterday. I wish I could tell you that I wake up with the same drive everyday, prepared to crush the tables. But, honestly some days I grind because its what I do, and somedays I have an added fire. I suppose I shouldn't be worried about being more excited some days than others as long as any bad days are very rare, and they are.  I will tell you that I am a bit like a good quarterback, I pile all the bad beats and bust-out hands in the short-term memory files that our prone to early deletion. Dwelling on anything negative will never help. I try to forget about any beats the second they happen, and I never give and bad beat or bust-out hand the satisfaction of having me type it up to share with someone.

For me, each new day to grind is a chance to make some money to improve my BR and keep moving forward to reach my goals. No matter what happens the day before, nothing changes the fact that as I start all my MTTs, anything can happen. If we are prepared to play good and give it our all, there is no reason to think a profitable day isn't possible. I will say that I really enjoy the fact that one of my favorite MTTs is right at the start of my session. I am always eager to get started on time and play in it.

Tonight after my session I still had some drive left even though I played for 11 hours. I got with an up and coming student of mine and reviewed one of his HHs. This student, Cody, has quite a bit of live experience and is a capable player but he has never really worked on his game. As most players that fit this mold he has a decent base, but makes a lot of unforced errors. Choosing to flat OOP instead of open wider in pos. Paying bad prices for set-mining and not having a plan. It is all simple to fix things that are just hard to know until your told. Cody and I have been working on his game for a couple weeks and he has most of these things under control now. Today we took it a step further and talked more about planning, we talked about good spots to 3b and re-steal, and we worked with pokerstove ranging players. It was actually a very productive session and I expect many good things to come from him. Keep up the good work Cody.

For the rest of the week and through the weekend I plan on continuing to put in high volume by sticking with this extended session. So far it s showing to be profitable and I am enjoying the grind. I may try and work a day off into my schedule if I continue the long hours, but as I stated above, I really do wake up ready to grind everyday. The last few days has provided a small boost to my BR but my average buy-in will stay the same. July was a little rough and I have been grinding a risky 50-100 buy-in BR some and will be glad to be back to a 100+ buy-in BR. Hopefully I can just continue to get in volume and the rest should work itself out.

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.









No comments:

Post a Comment