8/05/2012

Shipping Sunday!

Today I started my day with a lesson with a new student and I think we covered many thing and have him well on his way to reaching his goals. On top of doing the one hour lesson we were able to chat a few times through out the day and then after he finished playing he watched me play for an hour and I explained my thoughts and reasons. I think today was a good day for him moving forward.

Today I cashed in 3 out of 20 MTTs and 1 out of 3 satellites. I made one final table and finished 7th when my KK failed to hold all-in pre. I also got 3rd in a satellite that gave away two $109 tickets and had to settle for an $11 ticket for basically my money back. Variance is so much fun. I will say I handled all the adversity well and went through the worst part of it while a student was watching me play. It was funny when he said, "I'm glad to know it doesn't only happen to me."

This statement leads back to something I always tell everyone, "Everyone takes beats." I know when we are experiencing the bad beats and suck-outs we feel alone and singled out, but truly we must know that it happens to everyone. I will say that even though it happens to everyone, it seems that no one realizes it and nearly everyone tilts. That is why I try to tell all my students to not let the beats fade them. I believe if a player could play without emotion and stay level headed during the good times and the bad, that they would have a significant edge on the field. Every time I take a beat and keep right on going like everything is fine, I grow stronger and more confident.

Tomorrow is Sunday, the best day of the week for online poker, and I plan on having a great day. I will be starting my day with a lesson and that should get Will and I in the zone for the Sunday crush. I will not be playing a lot of big stuff but I am in the $109 125k and would enjoy a deep run. Sunday's now are not near as big as they were before BF, but there is still value and I am glad I am able to play. Hopefully after some of the recent news we heard, Pokerstars will be back in the USA before to much longer.

Good luck to all the poker players out there trying to make a dollar. Do what you can to not take things for granted and appreciate what we do have. Make sure if you are going to play, to give it 100% the whole time. There is no need in going about anything half-ass. Have a great Sunday!

LONG LIVE ONLINE POKER!

If you are interested in taking lessons or need any information contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment