9/20/2012

Seabiscuit n gravy

Sunday was the last day of Maximus 2 and I fired at all of the last four events. For the day I cashed in 2 out of 19 MTTs and didn't really have any deep runs. Overall I am happy with my play it was just one of those days. I took five days off before Maximus 2 began as I was trying to get recharged and past a small downswing. I started back playing the Friday before Maximus 2 and ended up having four positive days in a row. I was very happy to string some positive days together and was ready to try and ship a Maximus event. I had three deep runs but finished in 10th, 10th, and 11th. Overall it was a decent series and I was able to make a profit even with bricking the events on the last day including the Main.

After a good series but a rough last day I decided to take a couple days off. I took off Monday and Tuesday and mostly relaxed and watched movies. Wednesday I woke up with no intention to play but after cleaning my apartment for a couple hours I ended up at my computer and decided to play a session.

Wednesday I cashed in 0 out of 8 MTTs and 0 out of 2 satellites. Obviously no cashes isn't great but it was still a decent day. While playing one of my students watched me play for an hour or so and we were able to talk about a couple hands which is always good. Later on that evening he won a MTT on Lock, and it couldn't have come at a better time as he had been on a downswing that I think was starting to affect his drive to play. I just want to tell him, excellent job shipping that MTT bro.

Tomorrow I am giving a lesson in the mid-afternoon and then plan on playing a session. I am kind of excited as this player has improved a ton and I can't wait to talk more poker with him. It's really cool seeing players improve and then improve some more. Good luck to all the grinders out there, if you put the work in you will get the results.

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment