9/11/2012

grinding along, singing a song

Today I cashed in 5 out of 14 MTTs and 0 out of 2 satellites. I was able to make two final tables and win both tournaments. To be honest it felt really good to win two MTTs today and give my BR a little boost. The first MTT I won went pretty smooth as I had the chip lead through most of the FT, but the second went quite different as there was an overly aggressive chip leader just mowing guys down. I stayed patient and won a few hands then overcame a 3-1 disadvantage in chips to win. All in all it was a great day and every time I have a great day it feel as if I am being paid back for all the hard work.

With the smaller player pool we have for American sites it seems as if I am familiar with a few players going deep in all the big MTTs. It's nice to see lots of grinders hitting scores and continuing to improve. Maximus 2 is no WCOOP but I am happy to have some kind of online series to play and I hope to make the best of the opportunity.

Poker can be so amazing at times and so brutal at times. Its wild how poker momentum can flow in swings where we cash in several MTTs and get some wins for periods of time, and then other times it may seem as if whatever we do, its not enough and we come up short. Variance is real, the game is ever evolving, and the players are constantly improving. All these variables helps lead to the fact that if we want to win we must try to play our best, keep emotion out of the way, and be prepared for variance.

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment