4/24/2011

Happy Easter, Live Update

I am still doing decent playing live and handling the fact that I am one-tabling and not seeing very many hands pretty well. I have been doing good at NL and am even in two sessions of PLO. Unfortunately I won pretty good the first night of PLO and was up decent the second night but ended the night not playing very well after losing a big pot. I do know what I was doing wrong and why and will try to refrain from repeating those actions. I have been playing long enough to understand poker is a game of expectation and when you have a positive hourly rate just putting in the time is important. I do not think that the fact I kept playing after being ahead is why I lost, instead the reason I lost was because I changed the way I was playing after I lost a huge pot and started gambling to much. The game was still decent and there was money to be won, I just should have left as soon I stopped playing my best. I almost did leave a couple times and was aware that I was playing different but did not act accordingly. What I do know is that reflecting back on my mistakes and being honest with myself will help me avoid similar mistakes in the future and help me grow as a poker player.
Overall I am comfortable at every table I have played at and feel very good about my poker game. I do know I still have a lot to learn and plan on taking the steps needed to keep improving because poker is what I love to do and will be doing for a long time.
I am still anxiously awaiting news from Poker Stars and Full Tilt about when they will be able to process our withdrawals and am hopeful AP makes a deal with the D.O.J. to pay us as well.

Thanks for reading please leave a comment.

GL TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment