2/25/2013

Pineapple Express

So I played my first pineapple tournament last night. It was actually crazy pineapple, where you shuck a card after the flop action is complete. It was fun. I have played cash pineapple before but this was my first tournament experience. I got a penalty once for flipping my hand over after getting in all-in with another player. It was my first experience with this and didn't realize that you see the flop, shuck, then flip your cards over. Overall it was a fun tournament.

Tonight is a $130 nl I plan on playing but weather says we are getting 2-4 inches of snow so I am playing by ear. I figure I will probably try and go I just hope I can get back in my apartment later tonight.

Variance101 is going well, I picked up two new students yesterday and have been talking quite a bit of poker in the chat and with friends. It's awesome when I start working with a student and I get to see how quickly they begin to improve. Teaching can be fun and fulfilling if you enjoy it. It's mostly just a bunch of positive experiences. I am generally coaching to help them improve, but then with that my students get motivation help and some life coaching help. You take any poker player and get them to review more hands, talk poker, and build an improvement based routine and they usually get motivated and have positive experiences. The whole process can be a profitable joy for all.

I was thinking of trying to post a hand in my blog a little more frequently but my last attempt got no replies. LMK if any of y'all would enjoy a hand review more often. I have an article coming out soon on P5s where I review a hand, make sure to keep an eye out for it and please leave a comment.

Good luck to all the grinders out there. I am sweating in a few friends. Clint Tolbert, @soonerCT and Bryan Campanello, @b_campanello45 are both down to two tables in the WSOPc main in West Palm Beach, Florida. And then we got Arthur Morris, @ARMorris86 deep at LAPC. Good luck to all of you and it's awesome seeing @RunGoodGear get more and more exposure. Tana Karn, @tkarn421 is an awesome guy who is great for poker, make sure and support Run Good Gear!

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information visit http://variance101.com/# or email me at variance101@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment