2/13/2013

Aaaarrrggghhhhhh!

C'mon man! Grrr, I am a little frustrated. One step forward and then two steps back. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. Blah, blah, blah. I am sure this is what y'all want to read. Variance is awesome! I have worked hard at keeping emotion out of my game and away from my decision making. I also pride myself in taking beats with class and usually just rolling off, maybe offering a "Nice hand." But, I will admit that I will occasionally on the drive home or in reflection say, "Shit!" And when I say it, by golly I mean it. So, for those of y'all wondering, this is me saying, "Shit!"

I need to step up my game apparently. I truly feel that I have worked on my game a ton, but I keep ending up in this spot. I really miss online poker. I have played as many MTTs live over the last two years, that I would have played in one week online. But, it is what it is and we must make the best of it.

And you know what, I am not done. I am not defeated, and I am not giving up. I will soldier on and keep grinding away until the worm turns. Oklahoma State Championship of poker is starting in about a week and I will make sure I am playing. Hopefully I can make something happen and take another step forward.

I have had some writing inspiration recently. I have two articles coming out soon on P5s that flow together as a two parter, and then I also just about finished another article based on a poker hand I recently played. I have also been scrolling P5s and commenting on a couple hand questions players have asked. P5s forums is a great place to practice talking poker and reviewing hands.

Variance101 is still grinding along. I have been in the chat talking poker quite a bit the last two days and just picked up another student today. It's been a little slow but V101 will keep on keeping on. Good luck to all the grinders, lets finish off this February strong.

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information visit http://variance101.com/# or email me at variance101@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment