11/04/2012

Poker, poker, poker

Poker, poker, poker, poker, poker, poker, poker, poker, poker. I love poker, it is an amazing game. I really enjoy how the players can be from all walks of life and attack the table with completely different styles. I personally like the competitive atmosphere poker provides as well. I have always thrived off competition and improvement.
Online poker seems to be in some kind of a funk as Merge has cancelled player to player transfers and I heard of some players having trouble depositing. I know Revolution is still going though. I truly hope we can legally play in the US before long. This bs has gone on long enough.
I only played online one day in October as I have been playing live. As I mentioned in my last blog I have been trying to qualify for the monthly freerolls locally which are pretty decent. It's not the best grind but it can be profitable. So far I haven't been able to accomplish much except get some hours in, but I will keep grinding. I took a couple horrid beats Friday nights and decided to take Saturday off.
I plan on chilling and watching football most of today, I hope the Dallas Cowboys can beat the undefeated Falcons, that would be sweet. Throughout the week several of the guys off ESPN picked Dallas to beat the Falcons, let's hope so.
I picked up a couple new students this week and had a real good lesson Friday night before I went to play. I really think this guy can be a solid player, he reminds me of the way I played before taking my first lesson. He has a very solid base just needs to be told a couple things that is almost impossible to know until you are told. I could tell that he was understanding what we went through and I bet he has already put it to good use.
I have been thinking about doing a group poker training class for some local live players. There are several players that I know would like to play a little better around here. I am thinking if I could sell a group of 6 to 10 and do maybe one or two 3 to 4 hours sessions on my poker table I could really present some things that would help. I am tossing the idea around in my head for now, we will see how it plays out.
I hope everyones grind is going well, best of luck to all.


If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment