11/08/2012

Follow through?

Where is all the follow through? I was kinda shocked earlier as I was scrolling through the blogs on P5s  when I noticed how many people had started a blog and then gave up on it before reaching much more than ten posts. I suppose blogging is just one of those things that sounds cool and lots of people want to start one, but following through takes work.

I was blogging everyday for almost a year when Black Friday hit, and then I hardly blogged for thirteen months. For me I had my reasons, personally I like blogging about all my online play to have a way to look back and see how far I have come. At first it wasn't easy to blog everyday, but it was something I wanted to accomplish so I stayed at it. I will admit that for a while one of the reasons I blogged everyday was just to stay true to the commitment and some of my posts ended up being simply daily updates, but I did have some posts I was proud of.

When playing live I found myself just going to play and grinding without ever finding the time or need to blog. I am not exactly sure why, but I am glad that I started blogging again in May and I plan on trying to keep it going whether I am playing live or online.

To get back to my point about following through, I noticed that poker can be an outlet for lots of people. Sometimes when finding solace in poker a player may have a good run and find themselves with some new found motivation. I think often during this motivation they may start playing more and possibly start a blog. I also think this is around the time some players begin to think about taking lessons and improving. But, one thing I have noticed is, a small percentage keep it going. Whether that is the grinding, the blogging, or the improving, it seems that very few find enough motivation and determination to follow through and not get sidetracked before reaching their goals.

I suppose the point I am trying to make is, if any of y'all have got the motivation to blog, or improve and for any reason are not following through, I just want to know why? Was it ever something you truly wanted, or was it just something that passed? If the blogging or improving is something you wish you would have stuck with, I suggest you get back to it and never give up.

Good luck to everyone, I hope you can get the most out of yourself!

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment