12/03/2012

#Grinding

The last week has been full of lots of poker as I grinded almost every day in the Hard Rock Poker Open in Tulsa, Ok. I was able to start the series off with a bang by winning the 1st $230 event on Friday the 23rd of Nov. for 5k. I was also able to chop a 10am $60 event 3-ways for about $500. Unfortunately that was the end of my cashes as I made two other final tables but failed to make the money and I stone bubbled the 100k guaranteed event over the final weekend. Overall it was a decent series and I was glad to make some money.

On top of having a decent series I was also happy to engage in a few decent poker conversations. I was also pleased to meet a few players that had been reading my blog and articles and talk to them in person. I am still surprised at the level of play I see at these live events. It is amazing how many players have been playing for years and have never seen a shove chart. These players are usually the ones paying more than 5% of effective stacks to call with speculative hands, and opening into shortys and being surprised when they shove.

I think ego and a lack of any kind of continuing improvement work are the main reasons behind the level of play. So many players feel they play decent and are content with that. If they only knew how much they could improve after even just one lesson.

Variance101 is going well and I have a few lessons booked for this week. The poker chat has been active and several players have been making deep runs whether it be online or live. Thank you #TeamVariance101 you are all doing a great job.


Variance101 is still going strong. I have picked up a few new students and the chat room has been active. If anyone is wanting lessons or has any questions contact me at variance101@gmail.com and visit http://variance101.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment