12/24/2012

Happy Holidays

How about I give y'all a little update of my past few days. Friday I played a $60+$10 live mtt at Hard Rock Tulsa that had 58 players, I went out 6th with AA, meh. Saturday I went back to Hard Rock for a $120+$10 and built up a nice stack early before a buddy got it in real bad and then hit a 5-outer. Also during that MTT I had my hand killed by a dealer for having my phone face up when the first card came off the deck. They have been tweaking the phone rule and its in the hyper paranoid stage right now. To be honest I am not sure if it will get any better or if we will just all have to adjust.

Saturday night after being at home relaxing for a while I decided to go get some food and my van took a big shit. I just recently had a belt start squealing a little and had called my friend with plans to see him on the 26th, but my van had other plans. Needless to say I will be relaxing and watching some sports as I don't see me getting out much until I can get my van fixed.

Sunday while chatting in the #TeamVariance101 chat on Skype I got the urge to fire at a couple online MTTs. I'll be honest ever since Merge stop allowing player to player transfers I have not been to keen on playing online in the US. I haven't given up all hope on Lock and Bovado, but Merge is on really thin ice and I would not trust them right now. I happened to have enough on Lock to fire at the $11 10k and the $109 100k so thats what I did. I built decent stacks in both early before running into a couple coolers. I put on my best short-stack ninja gear that lasted for a while but in the end I came up short. It was fun to sling some chips around though.

I feel my poker game is in a great place and I have been talking a ton of poker the last two months. I have been working with a few local live players and we have been talking a lot of poker. I also have been spending a lot of time thinking of ways to help them improve which is still thinking poker and it all helps me too.

I hope all the poker grinders are doing well and have a place to play. I sure hope the online scene for the US straightens out, but I am not sure when that will happen. Hopefully most of y'all have live MTT series within a reasonable distance you can travel to like I do. Let's all finish off 2012 with a bang and start preparing for an amazing 2013.

I did some work on http://variance101.com and set-up the mobile version too, so if you have some time check it out. Happy Holidays everyone!

If you are interested in taking poker lessons or would like any information, contact me at variance101@gmail.com and/or visit http://variance101.com/# and http://variance101.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment